Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Brinjal pulav..

Hi all,
This post is all about my first attempt in cooking Pulav.. I used to help my grand ma in cooking during festivals. In fact, I assisted her in all the ways I could do.. I came to chennai for work and got settled there after marriage. I should really appreciate my Father In Law to teach me cooking.. I didnt even which is thoor dhal and which is channa dhal.. He taught me to prepare rasam..

I started learning cooking, but very slowly.. We moved to Bangalore and since then I dont know why I am interested to prepare different varieties of Pulav/ Fried rice.. Till now, I dont know the difference.. All I know is Eating..

I would like to share those funny moments of my life.. My brother-in-law likes Brinjal. I thought of preparing Brinjal pulav for him..

Everything is ready.. Brinjal is evenly chopped and kept aside.. I cleaned rice and soaked it for 30 mins. This was the mistake I did.... Keep reading.. I prepared a paste of all possible Masala items which could be added in the Pulav..

Got the right pan, sauted the masal paste, added brinjal pieces and then I added other vegetables(lesser pieces)...

Suddenly, Saturn played his part in this drama..He started waving his hands towards me..My 7.30 started there...

I added the soaked rice to the pan.. It started boiling as I had enough water for the rice.. I should have kept it partially closed.. But I took the Pressure cooker from the shelf, cleaned and all the rice &masal mixture are shifted to the cooker and closed the cooker and allowed 3 whistle..

One thing you all could guess, this brinjal pulav became a mess... All of my family members were appreciating me, " Job well Done Radha, Brinjal upma was tasty..".

I dont know why all my first attempts(Especially in Cooking) fail this way and from then gets scared to theirs deaths when I tell them that I am going to prepare Pulav...

You know what the very next week, I prepared another variety of Pulav which came out very well and tasty....

nobody was there to call it an Upma... God saved me..

1 comment:

  1. Lol Radha.Brinjal Upma!!!! ROFL. Guess you should get that dish patented. Enna kodumai sir idhu. God have mercy on those who had to eat that stuff.

    ReplyDelete